William RJP Brown
Experienced. Proactive. Compassionate. William RJP Brown’s primary focus in his practice is family law. Realizing the critical importance of being proactive, he actively advises domestic families, second and senior families, and same sex families on how to protect themselves and their loved ones.
In addition, Attorney Brown has extensive experience in criminal defense and personal injury law.
William RJP Brown is an experienced family law attorney in all matters related to domestic partnerships, civil unions and marriages; including same-sex marriage and divorce; second marriages and senior marriages. Attorney Brown is experienced at providing counsel and advice prior to entering into a domestic partnership or marriage as well as working with clients who are ending their relationship.
- Prenuptial agreements, civil unions, custody, child support, divorce and relocation
- Counsel Same-Sex Couples on critical legal issues and rights prior to entering into civil unions and applicable to in-state and out-of-state issues; litigation of same-sex custody and divorce cases
- Litigated dissolution of civil unions
- Representation for Second and Senior Marriages on personal estate issues, children, contested guardianship situations and prenuptial agreements
An extensive portion of Attorney Brown’s practice is dedicated to the representation of children. His unique experience working as a Child Advocate and Family Special Master puts him in the position of being able to objectively evaluate the facts and evidence to propose resolution that is fair to all parties and in the best interest of the children.
- Child Advocate ~ Guardian Ad Litem: Appointed by the Court to represent best interests of children in event of contentious custody litigation.
- Appointed Family Special Master for Judicial District of Waterbury – review, analyze and recommend resolution of financial matters for divorce and Regional Family Trial Docket in Middletown – works in partnership with mental health professionals with a focus on custodial issues
Attorney Brown’s criminal defense work has been across the state in all levels from DMV violations, misdemeanors, felonies, habeas and appellate work. Attorney Brown has also litigated numerous motor vehicle and slip and fall personal injury cases.
In addition to his litigation practice, Attorney Brown performs business consulting and general counsel work. For four years, Attorney Brown served as General Counsel for a general contracting company specializing in estate restoration. These services included business entity creation and dissolution, corporate structure, maintenance and planning, contract negotiation and drafting and ancillary litigation such as debt collection, breach of contract and workers' compensation.